Conscripts of the autumn conscription will not be sent to the front?. “Paper”
The General Staff of the RF Armed Forces stated that conscripts called up for service during the autumn conscription beginning on November 1 will not be sent to the front. American researchers of the war believe that this is still possible.
What they said in the General Staff. Head of the Main Organizational and Mobilization Directorate of the General Staff of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation Evgeny Burdinsky declaredthat recruits will not be sent for military service to military units in the annexed territories of the Zaporozhye and Kherson regions, the self-proclaimed DPR and LPR. They will also not be involved in hostilities, Burdinsky claims.
Despite the fact that this year’s autumn conscription starts a month later due to mobilization, it is intended to be completed by the end of the year, as before, says Burdinsky. At the same time, the draft task was reduced by 7.5 thousand people compared to last year – 120 thousand people intend to call.
Burdinsky made statements in an interview with the newspaper of the Armed Forces of the Russian Federation “Krasnaya Zvezda”. The public counter on the interview page shows less than 400 views. Nevertheless, an excerpt from the interview was replicated by state news agencies.
What did the US say. American Institute for the Study of War (ISW) suggestthat the current conscripts can be sent to war after four to six months of preparation. The Russians now mobilized, analysts say, will have to hold their positions in Ukraine until spring.
The ISW believes that Vladimir Putin does not intend to move on to a nuclear escalation or, conversely, to a truce and is preparing for a long campaign by conventional means, which include mobilization and conscription.
What you need to know. conscripts already promised do not send to the front – and still sent. This happened at the beginning of the war. Messages about sending conscripts to the front appeared February 24, but in the Ministry of Defense this recognized only at the beginning of March. In June, the military prosecutor of the Western Military District declaredthat 600 conscripts were sent to Ukraine, and more than ten officers were held accountable for this.
What else to read: