A fire broke out in the cafe “Polygon” in Kostroma. “Paper”
A fire broke out in the Kostroma cafe “Polygon” on the night of November 5. At least 15 people died during the incident. About it reported news agency “Interfax” with reference to representatives of the headquarters at the scene of the emergency.
What is known about the incident by 12:38:
- Information about the fire appeared at 2:37 – at that time there were hundreds of people in the institution, 250 visitors were evacuated. Emergency services also escorted 15 people from a nearby residential building.
- The cause of the fire may have been the illegal use of pyrotechnics, reported “RIA Novosti” with reference to representatives of the prosecutor’s office. One of the visitors to the establishment could use a firecracker, a pistol or a rocket launcher, due to which has begun fire.
- How reported in TASS, before the fire, visitors to the Polygon staged a mass brawl, during which the potential perpetrator of the incident used pyrotechnics. He was put on the wanted list writes information Agency.
- The area of ignition reached 3.5 thousand square meters, because of the fire in the building the roof collapsed. 50 emergency workers extinguished the fire for about five hours.
- Telegram channel Mash informed about 60 people who went to the emergency room. According to TASS and “RIA News” The fire killed 13 people.
- Prosecutor’s Office of the Kostroma Region start verification of the incident, and the Investigative Committee opened criminal cases under articles on causing death by negligence.
The owner of the “Polygon” turned out to be a regional deputy from the “United Russia” Ikhtiyar Mirzoev. In a conversation with RBC, he expressed condolences to the families of the victims and promised to provide them with “all necessary assistance.”
Support “Paper” so that we can stay in touch 💚