“Giving a person the status of a “bastard” is not yet possible”: Why Artur Smolyaninov * was included in the list of terrorists
Artur Smolyaninov* – foreign agent, also included in the official list of terrorists and extremists
Photo: Artem KILKIN
Rosfinmonitoring introduced the former actor Artur Smolyaninov*, who is a foreign agent, and a former adviser to the head of Zelensky’s office, Alexey Arestovich** who became a blogger, to the list of terrorists and extremists.
We have discussed this topic on Radio Komsomolskaya Pravda with a State Duma deputy who went to the zone of a special military operation, Vitaly Milonov.
– Why was Smolyaninov* not immediately included in both lists – both foreign agents and extremist terrorists?
– To receive this “honorary title”, a number of conditions must be met. In the West, “foreign agent” is considered a political label. But in reality, a person must violate the laws of the Russian Federation on financing from foreign structures. Foreign agent status – this is such a sign on a person: “financed from abroad.” And we must be aware that all his statements, and all the means for the existence of this person are allocated by other countries. Often hostile to Russia. Such people are potentially ready to wage an information war with Russia.
– A terrorist-extremist?
– As for this status, a person must join the calls directed against Russia. Or to organizations working against our country. Or he calls for actions hostile to our state.
– And the former adviser to Zelensky, Arestovich ** – is he also a terrorist? Or “just” an extremist? Hasn’t he been forgotten in recent months?
– Arestovich ** was invested with official status until recently. All this time he broadcast the position of his employer. The statements of this gentleman were part of his official duties. As an adviser to Zelensky, he publicly expressed his thoughts, the President of Ukraine. Now Arestovich** is an unofficial person. And expresses his personal position. And he can no longer refer to the fact that his anti-Russian statements are part of Kyiv’s official foreign policy. And his position is similar to the position of a scoundrel, a bastard and a terrorist. But in our country it is still impossible to give a person the status of a “bastard”. Terrorist – maybe.
– Is this status assigned with one stroke of the pen, or is there a long consideration?
– The status is assigned not “quickly” or “slowly”, but according to the law. We do not want to be accused of excessive politicization of this status. It is written into the law. A person must meet certain criteria.
– But these people are far away, they don’t care, probably …
– Not at all. No. Well, with Arestovich ** it’s understandable. He is hiding in Ukraine, but sooner or later we will catch him. I am sure that we will be able to carry out operations of our special services on the territory of other countries. And Zelensky will be caught anywhere in the world. As well as his closest circle. As for the actor Smolyaninov*, sooner or later he is going to Russia to resolve the issue with his real estate, with his assets. In the West, they won’t feed him for a long time. He’s just not needed there.
Artur Smolyaninov* – foreign agent, also included in the official list of terrorists and extremists.
Aleksey Arestovich** – included in the official list of terrorists and extremists.
Artur Smolyaninov* was recognized as a terrorist: the actor lost many privileges
The star of the film “9th Company” was recognized as an extremist (details)