Counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine: Latest news about the situation in Ukraine today May 12, 2023, Russia’s response
This is a golden time for our aviation. We can apply what we used in Syria when we demolished quarter after quarter with the help of our strategists – Tu-160 and Tu-95
Photo: EAST NEWS
Ukrainian President Zelensky has said that the widely publicized counter-offensive in the West is once again being postponed. Because – according to his version – more time is needed for preparation.
What is really happening? About it on “Radio “Komsomolskaya Pravda” in the program of Ivan Pankin and Igor Vittel, we spoke with Alexei Borzenko, military expert and deputy editor-in-chief of Literaturnaya Rossiya.
What is happening with the counter-offensive of Ukraine
THE LIE OF ZELENSKY
Why is Zelensky postponing a counteroffensive?
– Zelensky is lying. There is no postponement. There is a period of accumulation of forces and means before the offensive.
Are we tracking it?
– Yes. Before any offensive there is such a phase – the transfer of troops. Everything that has been accumulated for several months by the Armed Forces of Ukraine 200 kilometers from the line of contact is now being transferred to the line 40 kilometers away.
– Is this process painful for the Armed Forces of Ukraine?
– Certainly! There are warehouses from where the transfer of ammunition comes from. It’s all open now. We see it from space. And we strike at the columns that are moving towards the front line. Here in the Kharkiv region, “Leopards” were discovered.
– Harvest time?
– The enemy can be openly destroyed by missiles.
– The night of May 8-9, when we hit more than 60 targets. Basically, through the opened warehouses with ammunition, with equipment, with howitzers. There is an active phase of destruction.
– Why 40 kilometers?
– 30-35 kilometers – this is the limit of our artillery. This is already front, but not quite advanced. Now they are moving everything along this line. And the line of contact is 816 kilometers.
WHEN THE APU COUNTEROFFENSIVE BEGINS
– So when is the offensive?
– There are 5 days left. Maybe a week. When they have transferred everything, the offensive itself will begin.
– What are the obvious signs?
– The Nikolaev garrison, Odessa, Kharkov – they leave parts to defend Kyiv, and they rake everything else with a shovel and throw it in the direction of the offensive.
Everything that has been accumulated for several months by the Armed Forces of Ukraine 200 kilometers from the line of contact is now being transferred to the line 40 kilometers away
– What is their advantage?
– At the tip, a grouping of about 200, a maximum of 220 thousand. There is almost no one else to mobilize.
– And from Western Ukraine?
– There are other things. Since October, we have been digging into the ground and created a powerful line of defense, to a depth of 60 kilometers. And any offensive – they are no more than 30 km. Where, in what place they will cut in, try to rip open our defenses – it’s hard to say.
– Well, they’ll try to crash. – And what?
– At a distance of 5-10 kilometers, there may be a blow to the width of the line of contact. But they will get stuck.
– When will they stop?
– This is a golden time for our aviation. We can apply what we used in Aleppo in Syria, when they demolished quarter after quarter with the help of our strategists – Tu-160 (White Swan) and Tu-95.
RUSSIA’S RESPONSE TO UKRAINE’S COUNTEROFFENSIVE
– Enough bombs?
– There are a huge number of printed bombs in Crimea. And not only in the Crimea. These are FABs, KABs, five hundredths, thousandths, two thousandths. Even under the USSR, a huge number of them were stamped.
– They were made planners?
– Yes. These bombs don’t go off. They don’t get caught on radar. They do not have thermal kinetic energy, ejection. They are not seen when they fall.
– Here, ballistic missiles were also delivered to Kyiv
– Storm Shadow, cruise missiles, they hit 500 kilometers. Prior to this, the UK transmitted ATACMS. But the fact is that these Anglo-French missiles, 560 kilometers away, have been made since 1994. This is just the Anglo-French equivalent of the Tomahawk. How they work, I saw in Yugoslavia.
– And How?
– Storm Shadow missile is launched from aircraft. Comes out from a great height, then descends. Goes low profile. Before reaching the target, he makes a “candle” of 5 kilometers. And hits the target. She’s from the “fire and forget” section. It follows the GPS coordinate system.
– How to answer London, which supplied these missiles to Kyiv?
– We can close the Northern Sea Route for them – for all ships, both military and non-military. While the ships are moving. We even conduct them with our icebreakers. By the way, Britain turned out to be generally very dependent on all its neighbors. We just don’t use all the options that we could.
– In the end – will there be a counteroffensive next week?
– Yes, they are preparing to attack. Now the time is coming. The whole course of events in Ukraine will depend on how we react, how we destroy their units approaching the line of contact during the preparatory period, and how we carry out this operation of resistance to this offensive and retaliatory actions.