The latest news about the situation around Ukraine on May 9, 2023: the Americans are “castrating” the “Abrams” transferred to Ukraine, Crimea was promised the liquidation of autonomy after the “return” to Ukraine, and Zakhar Prilepin gave the first interview after the assassination attempt
Zakhar Prilepin at the Komsomolskaya Pravda radio station.
Photo: Ivan MAKEEV
AMERICANS “CASTRATE” THE “ABRAMS” TRANSFERRED TO Kyiv
USA Today reported that the US authorities will remove all classified equipment from the Abrams tanks transferred to Ukraine in order to prevent unwanted technology leaks if the tanks fall into the hands of the Russian military.
– As with other weapons, the US government sends scaled-down versions of its tanks to foreign governments. The Pentagon is reserving its highest capabilities for US troops. At the same time, Washington set a condition that “Abrams tanks did not take part in the battles during the first spring offensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.”
After these explanations, two questions remain, but will they leave the guns and give them shells, or will they just put them on armor and drive them forward? And won’t Soviet-made tanks in service with the Ukrainian army then be more powerful and modern combat vehicles compared to the “castrated” American “Abrams”?
AMBASSADOR OF UKRAINE TO THE FRG MAKEEV DID NOT GO TO LAY FLOWERS TO THE MEMORIAL TO SOVIET SOLDIERS
The Ukrainian embassy in Germany announced that in 2023 it refused to lay wreaths and flowers at Soviet memorials or places with Soviet symbols in Berlin. The decision was made personally by Ambassador Alexei Makeev, because he does not want to allow the “retransmission of Stalinist and Russian propaganda embodied in the inscriptions on the monuments. Such, for example, as “For the Motherland”, “The Great Patriotic War”, “1941-1945”, etc. .d.
By the way, Ambassador Aleksey Makeev himself informed the German Deutsche Welle about this. Instead, he brought flowers to the German memorial to the victims of war and tyranny, Neue Wahe.
Underworked. He should have laid flowers at the grave of Bandera, which is located in the Federal Republic of Germany, or at the grave of some SS general.
AND RUSSIA HAVE LESS DEBTS!
Sanctions “work”! Another proof of this was the published statistics, according to which, at the end of last year, the level of Russia’s external debt in relation to gross domestic product (GDP) fell by 10 percentage points, to 16.6%. And this figure was the smallest in the history of such statistics.
Among the largest economies in the world, the lowest level of external debt was recorded in China – 13.7%. But India has overtaken us, its external debt to India amounted to 19.1% of GDP.
Among European countries, the largest external debts were recorded in the Netherlands – 380.5% of GDP, Great Britain – 287%, and Switzerland – 280.5%. Next come France (249%) and Belgium (242%).
Spain (179%), Sweden (170%), Germany (159%), Norway (132%) and Italy (131%) are also among the ten countries with the highest external debt burden.
Because you have to be able to live on your own.
AFTER “RETURN” CRIMEA PROMISED LIQUIDATION OF AUTONOMY
Adviser to the head of the President’s Office Mykhailo Podolyak, whose Crimea has been “hurting and itching” for the past few days, promised that after the restoration of Ukrainian power on the peninsula, he would lose autonomy. Recall that Ukraine, which considers Crimea its part, proclaimed it an Autonomous Republic.
– A unitary state is unitary because there are no separate autonomies in it, which one way or another can become an excellent environment for the emergence of separatist sentiments. For a unitary state, autonomy is a dangerous path, a path into conflict at the regional level. I don’t think that after all the vaccinations that we have now received, we need to go this way,” Podolyak said.
It is unlikely that even the pro-Ukrainian Crimean Tatars who moved to the territory of Nezalezhnaya after 2014 will be delighted with such news. Well, yes, Podolyak, as well as Zelensky, does not care about them.
PRILEPIN GIVED THE FIRST INTERVIEW
Zakhar Prilepin not only wrote the first post after the assassination attempt on his telegram channel, in which he told how his car was blown up, but also gave the first interview to a Nizhny Novgorod newspaper.
– Sasha (deceased comrade and Prilepin’s guard – ed.) was driving on the right in the passenger seat. I was driving. The explosion occurred under his wheel. I lost consciousness for about three minutes, woke up and crawled to the broken windshield. The villagers ran up and helped me get out. Both my legs are broken (one fracture is open) and something else is there, – Prilepin wrote, and in an interview he said that he had constantly received threats since 2017, and knew that the Ukrainians had declared a “hunt” for him. – Sometimes it’s even safer to be on the line of contact. There at least it is more or less clear where to expect what.
The writer’s press service said that the attack would not affect his activities and his decision to serve on a contract basis in the National Guard, of which, according to him, he is now a major.
ZELENSKY’S BILL ON THE LIQUIDATION OF VICTORY DAY WILL BE CONSIDERED IN THE RADA IN ACCELERATED MODE
This was announced by the head of the parliamentary faction of Zelensky’s “Servant of the People” party David Arakhamia.
“We in the Verkhovna Rada will work to accelerate the adoption of the bill introduced by the President and legally consolidate this historic moment,” Arakhamia told reporters.
Recall that Zelensky issued a decree on the virtual elimination of Victory Day in Ukraine. Now this holiday will be celebrated on a non-working day on May 8, and they will call it the way it is customary in Europe – the Day of Remembrance and Victory over Nazism.
And the real Victory Day on May 9 will turn into Europe Day and become an ordinary working day. In Europe, by the way, Zelensky’s renunciation of the history of his own country has already been welcomed.
“We welcome Ukraine’s decision to celebrate Europe Day on May 9 — it is a reflection of the European identity of the Ukrainian people,” said Dana Spinant, spokesperson for the European Commission’s press service.
Yes, and we also do not mind, if it comes to that, that today’s Ukraine should have at least some ties and associations with the Victory. They are now in the camp of the losers in that war.
THE SHIPS WILL STAY AND LAY ON THE COURSE…
The Ministry of Reconstruction of Ukraine (wow, there is already such a thing -!) reported that Russia has blocked the registration and inspection of ships entering the Black Sea participating in the Grain Deal.
– The Russian Federation once again actually stopped the “Grain Initiative” by refusing to register ships for entry and conduct their inspections. This approach is completely contrary to the terms of the current agreement, the Ukrainian ministry said in a statement. Not a word is said in the report about the fact that the second part of the “grain initiative”, concerning Russian exports, was thwarted. Meanwhile, Russia has extended the “grain deal” only until May 18, and its further fate is in the hands of those who block exports by sea from the southern Russian ports.
According to the Ukrainian department, as of Sunday, 90 ships are awaiting inspection in the territorial waters of Turkey, 62 of which go to Ukrainian ports for loading.
What else can you say, except that as it comes around, it will respond.
IT HAS NOT BEEN HALF A YEAR
The head of the Ministry of Health, Viktor Lyashko, announced that Ukraine would lift the quarantine imposed after the start of the coronavirus epidemic.
We are considering canceling all of this. However, you need to be prepared for this. Now we will assess the state of readiness to lift all quarantine restrictions. Therefore, we are now conducting an internal audit and are potentially preparing to come out with an official position and say that the quarantine will be lifted from such and such a date, ”Lashko said about a week after the WHO announced the end of the pandemic.
I could have waited a couple more months. Still, nothing would change.
– The commander of the branch of the military unit of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was detained while receiving a bribe of $ 2,500, which he extorted, introducing himself as a military commissar and promising to provide the person liable for military service with documents allowing him to leave Ukraine.
– In Ukraine, one of the heads of the State Service for Food Safety and Consumer Protection was detained for taking bribes from exporters of agricultural products.
– The Administrative Court of Berlin again banned the demonstration on May 9 of Russian flags and symbols in the Tiergarten park area, which it allowed the day before.
– The SBU reported suspicions to Russian actor Vladimir Mashkov, accusing him of publicly supporting the SVO and “illegally visiting Ukraine.”
– In the yacht club of Nikolaev, the bust of the founder of the city, the Russian military leader, His Serene Highness Prince Grigory Potemkin, was removed.